4.22.2011

Lie Before Us pt.2


These are the wind chimes that I found lying on the ground in my grandmother's back yard.

My friend Theopholis is staying with my roommate and I until he heads off to a monastery in a few weeks.  If he is accepted after a few months of being there, he will stay there for the rest of his life. Theophil is twenty four years old.

The night I brought the chimes home, the first thing Theophil told me was that they reminded him of the Orthodox call to prayer.

Coincidentally, the week before,  I was looking up some work by Pierre Huyghe and came across a piece that he did called Wind Chime (After Dream). Huyghe's piece was inspired by John Cage's 1948 work called Dream. (see video below)


I find this all very interesting and inspiring.

Theophil performing a 10 min. score with the wind chimes.